The Reno Photo Club holds photography competitions for its members throughout the year. This provides an opportunity for members to continuously improve their photographic skills and compare their results with fellow photographers. The competitions are also designed to encourage newer photographers with less elaborate equipment to participate with an equal opportunity for winning.
See the Club Calendar for 2017 Competition Schedule for more details, and the most recent Newsletter for current competition information.
1. Only Reno Photo Club members are eligible to compete in competitions.
2. Two entries may be entered in each Projected Images Division and two entries in each Print Division of the regularly scheduled monthly competitions.
3. Any projected image or print which has won an award in a Reno Photo Club contest will be ineligible in all future competitions of the same division. For example, a winning photograph in Color Division cannot be entered in Color Division again. It may, however, be entered in a different division.
4. All projected images and prints must have a title. A title from a winning photograph may not be reused on a different photograph. It is alright to change the title slightly by adding a number, for example, the title “Tahoe Vista” may be reused on a different photograph as “Tahoe Vista # 2”
5. Scores are cumulative on an annual basis. The highest final point standings in each division and class will receive the Photographer-of-the-Year award.