PROJECTED IMAGE COMPETITION RULES:
1. There are two projected image divisions; Color and Nature. There are three classes; AA and A.
- Class AA for advanced photographers,
- Class A for intermediate
2. Digital images entered in color division may be of any subject matter and technique. An assigned subject may be required in one or more competitions. Assigned subjects will be announced by the appropriate chairperson.
3. Digital images in nature division will be judged using The Photographic Society of America (PSA) rules. Nature subjects must not show “the hand of man”, such as, roads, fences, etc. Nature entries may not be manipulated in any manner, photographically or electronically. (See definitions, for complete RPC & PSA nature rules.)
4. A make-up opportunity may be allowed, at the discretion of the projected image division chairperson. If approved, a member who has missed a monthly competition due to a sudden or unavoidable absence, or due to an honest error may then enter four images, rather than two, provided the month of missed competition or of make-up is not one with an assigned subject. Only one make-up may be authorized per year.
5. For Digital Images:
File Dimensions 1920 x 1080 (maximums) for the total of 1 megabyte maximum file size
Title sample NM-Bail-C-Polar Bears.jpg NM first letter can only be N (Nature) or C (Color). The next part can be A or AA. It refers to the class in which images will be judged. Bail – the first 4 letters of your last name. C – the initial of your first name. Polar Bears the title of your image.
NATURE ENTRY RULES:
- No elements may be moved, cloned, added, deleted, rearranged or combined.
- No manipulation or modification is permitted except resizing, cropping, selective lightening or darkening, and restoration of original color of the scene.
- No special effect filters can be applied.
- All sharpening must appear natural.
The Color section allows all of the above. Any work done in programs such as “PhotoShop” or “Elements” must be your own.
All images should conform to the following specifications:
Maximum Width 1920 px
Maximum Height 1080 px
Maximum file size – 1 MB
How to submit images:
Send the images as email enclosures to OurRenoPhotoClub@gmail.com no later than midnight of the digital meeting date.
You may submit your images earlier – preferred! You should receive an acknowledgment.
Subject Line: RPC Digital Submission – (Month)
The winning images from each month will be posted on the RPC website using a low resolution UNLESS you deny permission to do so. In addition, the winning files will be saved for entry in Projected Image of the Year.